Who's Hazel? Well Hazel is the most fabulous little yellow lab ever. I adopted her about 9.5 years ago at the Humane Society. Hazel's first ride home in the car wasn't so good for her as she got car sick. This car sickness thing lasted well into her first year and we made it through by just taking short little trips. First it was a drive down the block. Then around the block. Then a little further until I could drive all of the way to my brother's house about .5 mile away. She did great in the car, no vomiting but as soon as she got out of the car...she tossed her cookies. Poor thing. Consequently, she doesn't really love car rides like some dogs. In fact, getting her into the car is sometimes an ordeal. But once she's in she's all good. Quiet as a mouse. She actually rode with me to Tulsa one year for Christmas in my Miata.
The other amazing thing about Hazey Wazey Wazey, is that she tried to save my life. Or my ass. One beautiful fall day I had a renewed sense of energy as I had just gotten over a nasty cold. So I decided it was a great day for a hike and perhaps a little climbing. Hazel and I took off ( i lived near a green belt at the time) and hiked for a while then I decided to start a little climb. I was more then halfway up but it wa
1 comment:
Good words.
Post a Comment