I was more than halfway up the cliff/hill but it was very slippery as it had rained the day before. So traction was tricky---but still I had no hesitation...I felt good and strong and powerful! Then Hazel comes running up beside me and plops herself right in front of me. Did I say that at this point it was kinda steep so I was almost on my belly. Hazel is there in front of me not more than an inch away from my face, panting and staying put. It was weird! I asked her to move...she just kept panting and licking my face. Then I was more adament, Hazel! Move! No budging, more licking, more panting. So I had to move her out of the way---and she went but reluctantly. I couldn't figure it out. Then I take another step and sliiiiiiiiiiiiip---my foot slipped on the mud, I lost traction, there wasn't anything to grab onto and I begin a quick descent, gaining momentum as I slid past little trees that I tried to grab on the way. I was headed for this ledge I had just climbed up and over and I was thinking I've gotta stop before I get to the
And I wasn't able to stop. PLOP! Right on my tail bone and hand firmly planted on the top of a sharp rock. I finally had come to a halt. Hazel comes running up and is looking at me---that's when I realized---she was trying to tell me something.
I was hurting, got myself up hobbled back home with my angel, my little trail guide and best girl, Hazel. I had to get stitches in my hand and had a slight fracture in the very last bit of my tailbone. From that point on, I listened to Hazel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Some of My Favorite Movies
- Blood Simple
- Bound
- Brazil
- Breakfast at Tiffany's
- Bullet
- Dreams (Kurosawa)
- Fargo
- Hudsucker Proxy
- Life Is Beautiful
- Magnolia
- Reds
- Schindler's List
- Sound of Music
No comments:
Post a Comment