Okay, I've been silent enough. Just sitting and watching everyone blog on by. I am now joining in on the fun and I'm just happy there's still room for me. So, the thing that I suppose has kept me from blogging before is that I don't know that I always have something worthwhile to say. I mean for those of you who blog, do you do it because you like sharing everything? Even your toothbrush? Or do you do it because you feel like what you have to say is pretty funny or pretty cool and that you would be doing this same thing say, if we were on the bus together riding through town and you were just telling me this story about your baby learning to poo in the potty or that your aunt has this knack for always calling right when you're about to have an orgasm or that the grass you've planted is finally coming in and it's just so damn fulfilling. But the truth is blogging is not talking. I believe we do it because we know no one will ever take the time to listen to us ramble so it's best to get it all together on one page edited, deleted, re-written and thought about. Plus, it's self publishing. It is a way for anyone to just write away...blab on, blog on about whatever they want to write about. The public thing though makes it interesting. In that if you're blogging, you're doing it because you want to share...you want others to overhear your one-sided conversation or you just feel like you have enough important or entertaining information to share that you want to put it up on the net.
So bloggers, what gives? Is it therapy? It's more than journaling because you know that you're writing for someone else...not just you. Is it how we reach out? Is this our new community? Is it what we do instead of talking to one another? I can understand this last one. I write much better than I talk. So here we are...or here I am and here you might be. That's the other odd thing about this blogging gig...it is a one sided conversation. We're all assuming that we have an audience. That someone is reading this far. And what' the pay-off? What is the pay-off? That's a great question. Is blogging just as good for the blogger as it is for the bloggee? Is there such a thing? I know it's all about connecting...we're connecting...i'm connecting to you and you're connecting to me by these words which represent my thoughts which represent my need for connecting. Honestly, it's lovely but also a lonely hobby. So, I'm going out on a limb here and putting my first personal entry online. Now, how will it find you? And do I expect a response? Or is it enough that I just have this soliloquy (blogging needs spell check) and figure it's my way of getting it all out without regard to the pay-off.
I am going to post more. Nothing else like this but this had to be said because it's been curious to me for sometime. Say goodnight Lucy, goodnight Lucy.
Oh...contacts for astigmatism!!! Very exciting news. Astigmatism is just one letter different from stigmatism which is someone who has stigmata which is nothing like astigmatism. Jesus really is everywhere.
Until next time...take your vitamins.
1.22.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Some of My Favorite Movies
- Blood Simple
- Bound
- Brazil
- Breakfast at Tiffany's
- Bullet
- Dreams (Kurosawa)
- Fargo
- Hudsucker Proxy
- Life Is Beautiful
- Magnolia
- Reds
- Schindler's List
- Sound of Music
No comments:
Post a Comment